Monday, September 10, 2007

I dont want to grow up, cause baby, if I did, I wouldnt be a Toys R us kid!

"There will be a day in everyones life where you are going to have to do something that you do not want to do."

I assumed I hit all of those spots already in life. Finishing my senior year pregnant, sharing legal custidoy with someone I am not all that fond of, living out of a suitcase when my family kicked me out. I thought I already had my share of doing what I don't want to. Little did I know that being an adult, a wife, a mother, a daughter and a student had more hard times than I had necessarily signed up for.

I just wrote a paper on the factors of reasoning. However, I did not realize that my essay would speak so loudly and influence all of the reasoning that would take place for the rest of my life. I didnt realize till today that people depend on my decisions. When someone passes away they have a headstone which is engraved with an epitaph including who they left behind. Whether they knew it or not their life choices affected the surrounding people. The more people that are in your life the more people who are affected. I dont just make decisions for myself but i make decisions for my son's future, my husband's future and then myself.

Living an unselfish life is a lot harder than it looks. Looking past my desires and my wants so that in the end my sons life and those lives surrounding mine will be bettered is not an easy thing. As hard as I want to cry and live in the past I must move onward towards the future. I dont know if I can do it but for the sake of those around me I will give up what I want so badly and do what I do not want to do.

No comments: