Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the entertainer

Now my son is very cautious. If there is something he isnt quite sure of he steps back and just waits till he understands it or feels that it is safe. Well recently he has gotten into this habit of throwing things down the stairs and then laughing hysterically. He would go room to room and grab whatever he could carry (he would even hold things in his mouth to get a bigger stash) and then launch it down the stairs. Running up and down the stairs carrying a load of balls and shoes and clothes and toys got old pretty fast. So if he wanted to continue being a comedian he was on his own. Now my husband and I are working on "flipping" a house a bit of a ways away. Each time we go we have to pack EVERYTHING. We had gone about everyday after my husband was off work. This place had stairs and lots of them. So I decided it was time to sit him down and show him how to climb down the stairs. After one lesson he took off. He would be at the top of the steps, throw his binkie down, laugh hysterically, climb down the steps, put the binkie back into his mouth so he could climb to the top and do it all over again. Seriously, an hour of my day was spent watching him laugh hysterically at himself. If he gets anymore like me and my husband the poor kid will have no friends.

No comments: